Effective May 24, 2018
We want to provide our customers with clear and complete information about which personal data we gathers through our website and how users can view and control how we handle that data. We strive to do this in full compliance with General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)
Who we are
We are FX PREVENT B.V., specialists in Oxygen reduction fire prevention systems based in the Netherlands, owners of the www.fx-prevent.com website.
You can find more information about us, including our full address, throughout this website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Contact forms: Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Microsoft.
Microsoft adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here.
Submissions are stored indefinitely by us for customer service as well as statistical purposes, but we do not use this data for marketing purposes except for cases where the customer expressly requests to be included in our marketing mailing list. We do not share submission data with any third parties.
The contact form submissions are also stored indefinitely in our website’s SQL database, strictly for back-up and statistic purposes.
What non-personal data we collect and why we collect it:
- Information Collected by our web-server. To make our website function properly, our servers (which are hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from every user, including the browser type, operating system, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for each visit.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour on the site.
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
- Polylang multilingual plugin cookies – these are used by the multilingual plugin our website uses to identify the preferred user’s language as our site is multilingual.
- W3 Total Cache cookies – these are used by W3 Total Cache plugin to monitor referrer and user identification for caching purposes.
- Security Plugin cookies – this is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
In order to track the website usage we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Who we share your data with
We don’t share personal data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based hosting and mailing services.
Sometimes, to expedite a required service intervention, a copy of submitted data such as an email submission done using the website can be shared with our service team or external service providers.
Our website does information about visitors who fill-in contact form submissions or newsletter form submissions on our site using the Akismet anti-spam service. The information typically includes the submitters IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the submitters such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Who can see my personal information?
If you do not fill in a contact form on our website requiring information about one of our product and services, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
Furthermore because of the B2B nature of our business, we do not engage in gathering inadvertent personal data.
How long we retain your data
When you submit a contact form, its metadata is retained indefinitely, or until you request of us to remove it. We only use this data for customer service and statistical purposes.
What we do to safeguard user data
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Our website’s WordPress CMS is further protected by using 3rd party plugins that protect against a vast array of hacking methods and at the same time monitor and register breach attempts
- We maintain (and require our subcontractors and service providers to maintain) appropriate organisational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any information we process. However, no organisational or technical measures it truly 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online.
What rights you have over your data
If you have contacted us for commercial purposes in the past, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Revisions to the Privacy Statement
FX Prevent reserves it’s right to modify this privacy statement at any time. The date of the latest revision will always be posted on this page.
Latest revision: 31.05.2018