Proactively preventing fire is the best approach to safeguarding the fire-prone valuables typically found in an archive storage of documents, vinyl music-records, films.
Our LOX® – Low Oxygen System permanently lowers the oxygen level in the protected archive room from the normal sea-level percentage of 20.9% to a value of between 15% and 17%, at which point combustion becomes impossible.
The reduced oxygen level is accomplished by a controlled introduction of additional nitrogen into the protected area. The protected rooms still remain accessible to your workforce, because the oxygen level is only brought down to the corresponding natural oxygen level found at an altitude of 1.750m – 2.000m.
Because of the high value and high volatility of items stored in the protected areas, preventing fire proactively is much more feasible than suppressing it after a fire has started and damage has occurred. LOX® – Low Oxygen Systems, fire prevention system do exactly that, they prevent fire altogether!
Some of the specific advantages to using an LOX fire prevention system for archive storage are:
- Permanently preventing outbreak and spread of fire.
- Continuous fire prevention with no refilling or replacement required, and potential to even have a fully redundant system.
- Simpler and less expensive installation process compared to a traditional fire suppression system;
- Environmentally friendly – no toxic or detrimental chemicals used;
- Compatible with new builds as well as existing buildings, so long as the space that needs to be protected has a reasonable air leakage coefficient that could make oxygen reduction feasible;
- Access of employees to the protected areas is maintained;
- A modular design of the system means that we can configure an LOX® -Low Oxygen Systems – for both small and large projects;
- Since in most cases the archive rooms generally also have a ventilation system that controls air humidity, the LOX® fire prevention system can be integrated to condition the air that is pumped through the existing ventilation system so as to make oxygen reduction feasible
- The fire prevention system can also be configured to control only the environment within airtight cabinets, for maximum energy efficiency.
High Performance PSA (HP-PSA)
Using the PSA (pressure swing adsorption) technology, FX and PRESSCON have developed a completely new system (HP – High Performance) that eliminates the drawbacks experienced by traditional PSA systems.
The HP technology distinguishes itself by an optimized airflow in the system and an unique press-on system for the active coal. These improvements result in a system that is environmental friendly with a significantly longer service life and a lower energy consumption. Our proprietary compression canisters need less than 2m³ of compressed air in order to generate 1m³ of 95% purity Nitrogen. Other systems on the market cannot reach this level of efficiency, often needing up to 3m³ of compressed air in order to generate 1m³ of Nitrogen. Besides lower energy usage this also means that by using a LOX® system, a lower capacity air compressor will be needed in order to ensure the desired air volumes.
In comparison to the traditional PSA technology, the HP-PSA offers energy savings up to 30%, and when compared to the membrane based system, energy savings can even reach 50%!
Customers can also choose to have a partially or fully redundant system in order to further prevent any possible disruptions that could be caused by system malfunction. This is done depending on the magnitude of the project, and its specific requirements.
For example, for a large project the system can be configured with two main units which ensure the desired capacity, while installing a third back-up unit offers a 50% redundancy level.
For full redundancy it is possible to install a second identical LOX® system as a backup.
In situations where lower night electricity tariff would make this sustainable, the redundant unit can also be configured to function during the night to further lower the oxygen level. This way the system can then run at a lower capacity throughout the day.
Innovation, quality and flexibility
All our products are developed and assembled in our own factory in Honselersdijk and have evolved around the core values of our company: innovation, quality and flexibility.
Having production under our own management, we are highly flexible organization. This enables us to build to your specifications to deliver a custom installation which reflects your requirements, rather than just a standard product.
Maximum Security and considerably lower operational costs:
The LOX® Low Oxygen Systems are not only competitively priced, but also have a considerable longer operational cycle and lower maintenance costs than their comparable competitor systems.
The quality of the services and products provided are of paramount importance to us. That is why FX Prevent has opted to conduct business in accordance with the ISO 9001:2000 guidelines for quality.
Our 24/7 service line is ready to offer you day and night the support and quality that you expect.
Preventing rather than extinguishing!
A proactive approach that lowers your risks and increases your company’s continuity.
Our innovative fire prevention systems offer safety for your personnel and the environment.
Innovation, quality and flexibility
Our products have evolved around the core values of our company: innovation, quality and flexibility.